You Focus on Growth.
Let Us Take Care of the Accounting.
Growing businesses face many daunting challenges related to managing and facilitating growth. Accounting and tax issues shouldn’t be among those concerns.
As business owners ourselves, we have an intimate understanding of the accounting and tax issues that affect growing businesses: Have I chosen the right entity type for my company? Are my activities in neighboring states creating tax implications? Am I withholding the right amounts from my employees’ paychecks?
Fischer Cunnane manages these accounting and tax challenges for you by acting as an extension of your management team. Rather than hiring these high-level resources on a full-time basis, you have access to our experienced CPAs and consultants whenever you need our support and insights.
Let us help you make the right decisions to grow your business.
- Tax planning and projections
- Entity selection
- Start-up business issues
- QuickBooks consulting
- General ledger maintenance
- Month-end closing
- Compiled financial statements
- Payroll tax returns
- W-2s and 1099s
- Sales tax returns
- Personal property tax returns
- Fixed asset accounting
Business Tax Services
The complex challenges and opportunities facing corporate tax departments require thoughtful analysis and sophisticated solutions. That’s why CFOs, corporate tax managers and other executive leaders in publicly traded and privately held companies turn to Fischer Cunnane to outsource their tax departments.
We provide insights into the tax opportunities and ramifications of the full range of business decisions. Whether yours is an emerging business weighing the pros and cons of various entity structures, or a multinational corporation seeking a more tax-efficient corporate structure, Fischer Cunnane delivers tax-efficient strategies.
Because we are focused on our clients’ success, we go above and beyond to minimize and control tax liabilities while accomplishing long-term goals.
- Proactive tax planning
- Tax department outsourcing
- Tax project outsourcing
- Entity selection (S corp, LLC, C corp decisions)
- Multi-state and local income tax planning
- Sales and use tax consulting
- Accounting for income tax provisions and uncertain tax positions
- Merger and acquisition planning and due diligence
- Succession planning and exit strategies
- R&D tax credit
- Payroll returns, state returns and withholding requirements
Fischer Cunnane offers full-service finance and accounting outsourcing services to help you increase profitability, control costs and make decisions based on data.
Examples of outsourcing solutions can include the following:
- Interim or part-time Controller, CFO, CIO
- Outsourced corporate tax department
- Outsourced internal audit department
- Outsourced accounting department or accounting functions, such as
- Accounts payable
- Billing/accounts receivable
- Financial statements
- General ledger
- Cash/credit card reconciliation
- Fixed asset reporting
Whether you require us to leverage your existing system or create a customized approach for your business needs, our goal is to provide seamless accounting services that lower costs and reduce errors.
State & Local Taxation
As resource-strapped states are aggressively pursuing tax revenue and claiming nexus for a variety of activities, state and local taxes (SALT) have become a significant cost of doing business. Staying abreast of each state’s unique tax laws can place a strain on a business’s resources.
Fischer Cunnane’s clients outsource their tax challenges to us. Our multi-state tax team includes individuals experienced with state and local tax authorities in 49 states. When clients receive unexpected state and local tax notices, they know that we will handle all of the details and defend their tax positions until the issue is resolved.
By taking a proactive approach to tax planning, we can help minimize state and local tax costs from the outset. We start by identifying all of your multi-state activities that may trigger reporting requirements. Then we review the business’s growth plans and evaluate state tax rates and incentives to determine the most effective strategy.
- State nexus review
- Multi-state planning
- Business apportionment analysis
- Business tax credits and incentives
- Sales and use tax
- Income and franchise taxation
- Property tax
- Tax return preparation
- Voluntary disclosure and registration
- Fixed asset reporting
Real Estate Transactions
What are the accounting ramifications of your next real estate transaction? Before you structure a deal, you need to know.
Fischer Cunnane is involved in every stage of the investment property and investment life cycle and has experience working with all levels of stakeholders in real estate. Real estate investors, syndicates, private equity funds, landlords and property managers turn to Fischer Cunnane for tax compliance, tax planning and profitability analysis for their portfolio management and acquisitions.
From basic bookkeeping to tracking cash flow . . . whether your focus is local, regional or national, we can provide you with the right mix of experience to support your needs. We also assist in structuring of leases, joint ventures and consolidation.
Our goal is to provide you with clear financial reports so you can grow your next real estate venture.
- Change in accounting methods for cost segregation
- 1031 like-kind exchanges
- Family limited partnerships
- Succession planning
- Partnership structure
- Basis adjustment under Section 754 and 743
Clear and professional financial statements don’t just provide the clarity you need to complete tax returns. They are key to closing business transactions with lenders and investors, so your business can grow.
Fischer Cunnane’s comprehensive financial statements and financial reporting provide you with the information you and your partners need to make decisions based on data. Preparing financial statements ahead puts you at an advantage before the next opportunity arises that quickly requires you to demonstrate the value of your company and your assets.
From balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements, our reporting and analysis provides you with:
- Overview of assets, liabilities, and stockholders’ equity
- Revenues, expenses and profit figures focused on a targeted time period or larger span
- History of ability to generate cash to repay debt, fund operating expenses and fund investments.
- Financial statements that accurately tell your story to the next investor or lender